This article may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure link for more information.
This delicious drink tastes like apple pie and is a tasty, boozy way to celebrate fall flavors.
? About This Recipe
One of the best things about summer ending? Fall drinks!
This Apple Pie Shot recipe combines delicious fall flavors – apples, cinnamon, vanilla, and warming spices.
For the apple flavor – use fresh apple cider.
For the cinnamon flavor – use Fireball whiskey. Just a little bit gives this shot such a delicious cinnamon flavor! If you’re not a fan of cinnamon whiskey, you could use cinnamon Schnapps, cinnamon vodka, a few drops of cinnamon extract or add a sprinkle of cinnamon to the top of the shot.
For vanilla flavor – I love adding a small scoop of creamy vanilla bean ice cream. With the addition of vanilla ice cream, this shot is kind of like a mini affogato! You could also use vanilla vodka or add a few drops of vanilla extract instead.
For the apple pie spice – a sprinkle of homemade apple pie spice.
It’s the perfect way to enjoy the fall season, whether as an after dinner treat, a Halloween party or Thanksgiving.
And it’s an easy recipe you can make in minutes.
You can also turn this apple pie shooter recipe into a delicious hot or cold fall cocktail(see recipe below).
Can I use apple juice instead of apple cider?
You can. But apple cider will taste better.
Do I have to use vodka?
I liked the vodka + Fireball combo but you can definitely use different liquors to make this apple pie drink.
Can I turn this shot recipe into a cocktail?
Yes! Fill a glass with a larger scoop of vanilla ice cream, add the shots of alcohol, and fill the rest of the glass with apple cider.
? What You Need to Make This Recipe
- Apple cider
- Vodka (plain, apple vodka or vanilla vodka)
- Fireball (cinnamon whisky)
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Apple pie spice (optional garnish)
- Apple slices (optional garnish)
- Cinnamon sticks (optional garnish)
- Shot glasses (or larger glasses if turning the recipe into a cocktail)
- Small cookie or ice cream scoop
- Knife and small cutting board (for slicing an apple)
- Baking pan, parchment or silicone mat & plastic wrap (If preparing ice cream scoops ahead of serving)
? Recipe Variations, Notes & Tips
- For a quick and easy apple pie shot simply combine 1 oz cider with 1 oz vodka.
- If you’re making apple pie shots for a crowd, scoop vanilla ice cream onto a lined baking tray and freeze. This will make it easier to make several shots at once.
- To increase the apple flavor, you could use apple whiskey instead of vodka.
- Top with whipped cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
- Turn it into a caramel apple shot by topping with caramel sauce drizzle.
- To add a butter pastry crust flavor – garnish with a piece of graham cracker.
- Instead of garnishing your drink with apple pie spice, you could sprinkle cinnamon, brown sugar or graham cracker crumbs on top.
- To serve drink very cold: add vodka, apple cider, and Fireball to a cocktail shaker filled with ice (or use a mason jar filled with ice). Shake for 10-20 seconds, then pour into your glass.
- To serve as a hot apple cider drink: warm the apple cider in a saucepan then pour into a mug. Add vodka, Fireball, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream (it will melt quickly and add a nice vanilla flavor and creaminess to the drink).
- Garnish with a sprinkle of apple pie spice, a thin apple slice, and a cinnamon stick.
- Turn this shot recipe into a cocktail by adding a larger scoop of vanilla ice cream to a glass, pouring the vodka and Fireball over the ice cream, and filling the glass with apple cider (1 cup or more).
How to Make An Apple Pie Shot
Add a small scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to a shot glass.
Pour cider, vodka, and Fireball over ice cream.
Garnish with a sprinkle of apple pie spice, a thin apple slice, and a cinnamon stick.