I’ll be adding more resources in the next few days so be sure to check back!
#1 – Advent Calendar
- Lindt chocolate Advent calendar
- Kinder Mini Mix calendar
- Milka chocolate calendar
- Haribo gummy calendar
- Reusable advent calendars
- German Christmas countdown candle
- Digital advent calendar (I buy this one every year!)
#2 – Advent Wreath
- Gold Advent wreath candle ring (good for taper candles)
- If you prefer an Advent wreath that’s decorated and ready to go, you could get one like this — check out this advent wreath.
- There are several beautiful Advent wreath candle holders on Etsy.
#3 – German Christmas Pyramid
#4 – Incense Smokers
#6 – German Christmas Tree Ornaments
Here are some ornaments that are very similar to ornaments I’ve bought in Germany (or were gifted to me):
- Bride’s Christmas Ornaments
- Set of wooden Christmas ornaments
- Straw ornaments (these are Scandinavian but very similar to German ornaments)
#7 German Movies & TV Shows
On Amazon (to stream or rent):
- Good-bye Lenin
- Welcome to Germany
- In the Aisles
- Kästner and Little Tuesday
- Generation War
Dinner for One (this is traditionally watched on New Year’s Eve)
#8 – “Visit” a German Christmas Market
Click here to take a virtual stroll through the Stuttgart, Ludwigsburg, and Esslingen Christmas markets! (This is a guide I wrote for my Germany travel website.)
#9 – Make Marzipan
Watch me make homemade marzipan! The marzipan portion of the video starts at 12:59.
#10 – Make Glühwein
Click here to buy an authentic German Christmas market mug for your Glühwein!